This is a delicious way to get anti-oxidants and lutein, which are GREAT for the retina and macula!
· 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat pastry flour
· 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
· 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly grated nutmeg
· 3/4 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
· 1 large egg
· 1 large egg white
· 1/2 cup(s) nonfat buttermilk
· 1 teaspoon(s) freshly grated lemon zest
· 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
· 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil, divided
· 3/4 cup(s) fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
1. Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg in small bowl. Whisk ricotta, egg, egg white, buttermilk, lemon zest and juice in large bowl until smooth. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
2. Brush a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 teaspoon oil and place over medium heat until hot. Using a generous 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, pour batter for 2 pancakes into pan, sprinkle blueberries on each pancake, and cook until edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining oil, batter, and berries, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning.
Find more this and more great recipes from Realage.com