This is a fun one that I found! Loaded with anti-oxidants that our retinas love!
Spinach Cake from 1001recipe.com :
Spinach: 1/2-1 cup cooked
Flour: 3 cups
Sugar: 1+1/4 cups
Vegetable Oil: 1/2 cup
Butter: 1 stick (1/4 lb or 100 grams), at room temperature
Milk: 1/2 cup
Baking powder: 2.5 tsp
Vanilla powder: a pinch
Salt: a pinch
Lemon zest: 1 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Steam spinach. Remove excess water and puree in a food processor.
3. Mix sugar, oil and butter and using your electric mixer, beat for 5 min.
4. Add eggs one by one and beat 30 seconds after each addition.
5. Add spinach puree and the rest of the main ingredients. Mix well.
6. Pour the cake mixture into a 10-inch (25 cm) oven proof square pan.
7. Bake the cake for 35-40 min or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let it cool down for at least 15 min.