Today I am posting the “Healthy Eye Friday” recipe. It includes salmon (excellent source of omega-3) and spinach (great source of lutein and antioxidants.)
Salmon and Spinach Fettuccine
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine, and cook for 11 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, and blend with milk. Mix in the flour to thicken. Gradually stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Crumble salmon into the butter mixture. Stir in the spinach, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and oregano. Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until heated through. Serve over the cooked pasta.